What is a Peer / Guide?
A peer / guide on the Charpsy social network is someone with lived experience of a mental health issue.
Who Can be a Peer / Guide
To be a successful peer / guide on the social network you will need to have the following qualities*:
- integration of your experiences of mental distress into your life so you see value in them and do not feel ashamed or disempowered,
- ability to think critically and reflect on what you do and why you do it, and be capable of making judgements based on reasonable possibilities,
- having values consistent with the peer values of Charpsy,
- having a good understanding of marginalisation issues, exclusion and discrimination,
- being empathetic, emotionally mature and objective, and
- being skilled at utilising personal lived experience purposefully to support people in recovery and to develop more empathetic service practices.
- Qualities as indicated (adjusted) in the Australian publication: Peer Work in Australia | A New Future for Mental Health.
Outros tipos de perfil
O tipo de perfil é diferente do tipo de associação. Veja mais em Tipo de Membro.
Alterar meu tipo de perfil
Change my profile type to Carer, Friend and / or Family. Complete the form.